Motivation is what pushes us to achieve our goals, feel more fulfilled and improve overall quality life. It is normal and natural to be motivated by someone around you; at home, workplace, worship centers, and even on the street. But above all these, the greatest and most effective motivation which will spur you into taking immediate action is self-motivation. You need to start now.
Here are practical steps to motivate yourself.
- Start and continue to be positive
- Believe in yourself. No one is born without abilities.
- Get Hungry for that goal. Convince yourself that you need/want it.
- Know that challenges and setbacks will occur at some points. Don’t get scared of them.
- Write down your goals and reason for working towards them
- Focus on positive goals
- Track your progress
- Keep good company. Surround yourself with motivators
- Keep learning
- It is important to have role model but, only compare yourself to you.
- Assist others. We often get better by assisting others.
Skills You Need; Self-Motivation. Retrieved from www.skillsyouneed.com
wikihow; How to be Self-Motivated. Retrieved from www.wikihow.com
Henrik Edberg (2009); 25 Simple Ways to Motivate Yourself. Retrieved from www.positivityblog.com